My client are currently seeking an exception Project Manager to join them on their cross-platform multiplayer FPS project. They are an independent and privately-owned development studio committed to producing AAA titles.Omschrijving van het bedrijf OPM are an 'award winning' recruitment consultancy specialising within the Games and Interactive Entertainment Industries. Using our bespoke search and selection software, and years of Industry and management recruitment experience, we can satisfy yoOmschrijving van het bedrijf
OPM are an 'award winning' recruitment consultancy specialising within the Games and Interactive Entertainment Industries. Using our bespoke search and selection software, and years of Industry and management recruitment experience, we can satisfy your needs for new staff and/or find your perfect new job. Our web site advertises our vacancies free to our clients, and candidates can benefit from immediate submission to the jobs they want by using our free registration process on the site.Functieomschrijving
My client are currently seeking an exception Project Manager to join them on their cross-platform multiplayer FPS project. They are an independent and privately-owned development studio committed to producing AAA titles.
The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving effective means of communication, scheduling, asset sourcing, and budgeting. You will track and coordinate the development processes of the team and all involved development parties, ensuring deliverables are met in a timely and costly manner. You will work closely with the Game Director and directly report progress, risks and obstacles to management.
You will need a very good understanding of the software production process and current project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI Standards), coupled with first-class communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Responsible for a proper goal (Time, Budget, Quality) and milestone setting by management as well as requirements break down with and by the departments and leads in coordination with the Game Director.
- Responsible for adequate tool and process set-up to fulfill general project managements needs (eg. Plan- / Tracking- /Risk- / Requirement-/ Change Management). Consistently improve and maintain the task planning and tracking system.
- Analyze the needed resources and conditions for goal achievement according to plan and negotiate that with management (Goal Adjustment: Time, Budget, Quality). Manage and allocate production resources, ensuring production timelines and resource constraints are met in the most efficient way.
- Check and report project progress by tracking and controlling task and subproject fulfillment. Improving and maintaining the working structures for successful coordination and scheduling of the development team.
- Responsible for conflict handling within team and with externals. Escalates conflicts to the needed levels and is responsible that correction methods are set up.
- Manage publisher / operator requests and establish working structures to meet publishers needs like quality assurance, marketing and PR, localization and production etc.
- Analyze, build up and regulate the communication and information structures between all involved stakeholders and development parties.
- Support departments, team and management to optimize team and production processes and pipelines. Deal with outsourced resources in collaboration with the outsourcing managers.
- Moderate and protocol lead and lead development meetings. Compile and update management reports and other documents that ensure the availability of correct project data within our company.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills- Excellent, proven project management knowledge and experience in the field of mid to large scaled software development projects (team size 30+)
- previous project management experience in the gaming industry or in equivalent software development projects- At least 2 completed software development projects delivered on time, budget and quality
- Ability to interface with all facets of production (e.g. Engineering, Design…)- A passion for games
- BS or BA degree preferred- Excellent knowledge of MS Project, MS Office and Mindmanager
- Knowledge of web-based/online PM System (e.g. Hansoft or MS Project Central Server)- Fluency in English
Soft-Skill Requirements- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team- Flexibility and agility: ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Self starter with high level of initiative and strong sense of ownership- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail
Bonus- Experience in online games development
- Fluency in German- Desirable strong background of technical pipelines and infrastructure
- Desirable to have engineering related qualifications
To apply for this position, please contact Nadja on +44 (0)1206 214422 or send your Word CV for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org